Serving the Bogardus, Hillside, Ellwood and Nagle area of northern Manhattan.

Feb 18, 2015 Tenant Organizing Workshop

Workshop for Tenant Organizing

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Rocky Mount Baptist Church, 37 Hillside

If you have building code violations in your apartment or building --such problems as no heat or hot water, a broken elevator, falling plaster, vermin, unrepaired leaks -- or if you are plagued by late night noise from inconsiderate neighbors in your building, then you need a tenants' organization. Come to our workshop on tenant organizing.

Invited speakers:      Richard Lewis, Chair of the Housing Committee of Community Board 12 M

topic: Tenants' Rights

language: English

a representative of PALANTE

topic: Establishing and Maintaining a Tenant Organization

language: both English and Spanish

Luis Ferran of the 34 Hillside Tenant Organization

topic: How 34 Hillside Got a Tenant Organization

language: Spanish

After the speakers, people will form small groups to discuss details of tenant organizing in our area. Groups in English and Spanish will be formed.

The goal of this workshop is for neighbors to go back to their buildings and begin organizing fellow tenants or strengthening existing tenant organizations.

7 Comments :
on Saturday 03 June 2017 10:03 AM
Nice post and informative too. Wonderful when I see this. I can get many useful information. Hope more communicate we can. Interesting information and satisfy certainly can create a page popular, successful.
on Tuesday 13 February 2018 07:14 AM
It’s the best association that is giving the workshop address by the active speakers who have the skills. Now everywhere in the world this link will give them more ideas.
on Thursday 29 March 2018 07:22 AM
This idea of picnic van will be loved by those who love to travel a lot. We can prepare and carry anything along with us if we had one such great picnic van. Thanks for sharing this wonderful page of info and I hope you people will keep your great work!
on Monday 09 April 2018 12:18 PM
Sincerely your post is clearly very good and I respect it. It’s tough to sort the good from the horrific every so often, but I think you’ve nailed it. You write very well that's superb. I in reality inspired with the aid of your submit.
on Tuesday 10 April 2018 10:11 AM
This article is helpful for the persons who are there looking for some SEO company.Thanks for providing this precious piece of knowledge.If you need any help in
on Wednesday 16 May 2018 11:31 AM
I have many books which base on many topic and for my studies. Infect this one is good guild-line and through this we can search the new books. That writer are also expert in good stories of life.
asd
on Saturday 19 May 2018 11:20 PM
asdf
Name
(required)
(required - never shown publicly)
Web Site
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of replies via email.