Serving the Bogardus, Hillside, Ellwood and Nagle area of northern Manhattan.

June 2015 Activities

June meeting:  Wed, June 10, 7 pm, Rocky Mount Baptist Church (37 Hillside)

Meeting topic: Our Policing Problems

The block association's area contains pervasive drug dealing. We have evidence that the 34th Precinct has close relationships with the dealers.

We also have a dangerous parking problem with the Post Office trucks that park in the crosswalks and along traffic islands because the PO employees

park their personal cars in the No-Parking zone on Hillside. The 34th Precinct is aware of this problem but now refuses to ticket these cars.

We'll talk about these and other policing problems and find strategies for solving them.

This is a very important meeting!

Annual PS 178 Carnival: June 13 (Sat), 11:30-3:30, on Bogardus Place

At our block association table, we'll teach parents and children how to make dog waste bag containers that they can put up on their blocks.

We'll also talk with them about block associations and how block associations try to improve neighborhoods. We'll give them the introduction to the block association and the code of neighborly conduct.

Wear sunscreen and a hat. Bring water.

6 Comments :
on Wednesday 24 May 2017 11:01 AM
The casualties add in men and ladies, youth and individuals from an collection of social, cultural and ethnic nitty-gritty. Notwithstanding, the proof recommend that the expansive lion's share of the casualties of police abuse are racial minorities, especially and folks of Latin American or Asian drop.
on Tuesday 30 May 2017 10:49 AM
I am a regular reader of your blog. the blog is very interesting and will be much useful for us. i really enjoyed very much with this article here. Really its a amazing article that i had ever read.
on Monday 19 June 2017 05:23 AM
I am totally concurred with your choice. These are the most ever-present idea. I regard your exertion for posting something like this here. I am enraptured to know powerfully thusly continue proceeding to share more close pleasing themes.
on Wednesday 25 October 2017 01:33 PM
I've read the book and really enjoyed it.
on Friday 26 January 2018 07:49 AM
Public have complete right to send reports to the Govt. and other department of govt. if they have any issues. I am happy to see that govt. respond on public issues and give us email for different queries.
on Wednesday 21 February 2018 10:21 AM
I am really grateful that you mentioned these announcements. A friend of mine said that regular announcements like these encourage people to attend the event.
Name
(required)
(required - never shown publicly)
Web Site
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of replies via email.